- Are you a CPA or financial professional familiar with the nonprofit world of accounting?
- Do you have rural roots or a passion for rural people and places?
- Do you want to play an integral role in supporting a nonprofit to advance its mission of strengthening rural people, places, and economies in the Pacific Northwest?
RDI’s Board of 12 is looking to build our Finance Committee. The Board meets four times a year: two virtual meetings (at two hours) and two in-person meetings (at six hours). A term is for two years.
RDI is an awesome organization with an awesome Board. So if you’re an awesome CPA or financial professional looking for a place to land that awesomeness, we want to hear from you!
RDI is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit established in 1991 in response to the downturn of the timber industry to help communities diversify their economies. Our mission is to strengthen rural people, places, and economies in the Pacific Northwest. Our services include developing networks of rural leaders, revitalizing rural economies, and elevating rural voices and priorities. RDI strives to help rural people and communities achieve their visions and goals and holds the uncompromising belief that solutions and priorities, driven by local people, are key to achieving it.
Key Skills & Qualifications
- Understand the communities and the people with which RDI works
- Be supportive of RDI’s mission and the role it plays
- Represent the diversity and geographic reach of the rural Pacific Northwest
- Advise RDI as it continues to evolve in a rapidly changing business environment (business, public relations, nonprofits, legal, rural development trends and issues, etc.)
- Bring links to public and private sector and other potential partners and decision makers related to rural development, policy, projects, and funding, and serve as a source of referrals for work opportunities
Board Members Are Expected to:
- Be willing and able to be an active board member
- Serve on at least one committee
- Bring networks and talents to the table in support of RDI’s mission
Interested in This Rewarding Opportunity?
If you are interested in being considered for our board, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. If you know of someone who fits the bill, please forward this email. Submissions will be accepted until October 26, 2018, at midnight.