Join with other rural community leaders and economic development practitioners at RDI’s Business Retention & Expansion Summit to be held September 6-7, 2017, at Chemeketa Community College in Dallas, Oregon.
Hear from economic development experts and speakers geared toward building local capacity and knowledge:
- BRE 101: How to Support Your Community’s Greatest Asset – Local Businesses
- Local Case Studies – Estacada and The Dalles, with Matthew Klebes, City of The Dalles; Matt Lorenzen, City of Estacada
- Business Development Special Topics Series: Practitioners Uncorked – Burning Questions Answered, with AJ Foscoli, City of Dallas; Steve Curley, Central Oregon Small Business Development Center (SBDC); Tom Nelson, City of Corvallis; Mary Bosch, Rural Development Initiatives
- How to Address the Wickedest Economic Challenge: Discover Strategies and Models for Supporting Small Business Workforce Challenges
- Focus on Retail: Build your Hometown Retail Competitiveness, with Leslie Hildula
- Keynote Topic: State of Oregon’s Small Business Community and Outlook, with Jessica Nelson, Economist at Oregon Employment Department
- Access to Capital: Discover Available Resources and Learn How to Help Prepare Businesses for “the Ask,” with Lynn Meyer, Community Lending Works
- Business Succession Planning Strategies: How to Support Businesses in Transition, with Sherrie Noxel, Director of the Austin Family Business Program
- How to Sustain Your Efforts: How to Build Comprehensive Strategies That Support the Entire Business Community
- Collaborative Action Planning: What’s Your Next Step?
Don’t miss this opportunity to engage in hands-on learning and obtain solutions to support local business development in your community. The cost for the two-day workshop is only $55 and includes follow-up coaching and assistance from RDI.
This event is limited to 30 participants. Save your spot – click here
to register today!
Nearly 80% of net new job growth stems from existing businesses. Using proven economic vitality strategies, RDI’s professionally trained staff provide technical assistance to communities and organizations interested in supporting their local businesses. Click here
to learn more about RDI’s Business Retention & Expansion program and customized business development services.